Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seven Wonders with Wunder Budder

Who you are: Lisa Dolloff
Your business name: Wunder Budder
Your website url: http://www.wunderbudder.com
Blog: http://wunderbudder.blogspot.com
Twitter handle: @WunderBudder
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/wunderbudder

We're wondering...

1) What was the first product you ever sold?
Back then it was just called "Wunder Budder", as it was my only product at the time, but now it's called "Original" (calendula salve). It was what I founded my company on, back in my early days of offering Wunder Budder only seasonally and by word of mouth. It's what my company was named after, and it's still my favorite!

2) What is your favorite smell?
Oh, this is so hard! Aromas rule my life, good and bad. If I have to pick only one, I'd like it to be the smell of rain on bricks. But, the smell right when it begins to rain... it's the smell of the city being washed away by moving water, the aroma of transformation from dirty to clean, old to new.

3) What is your favorite line from a song?
I can only narrow it down to two songs, and I don't even know how to pick my favorite lines! The entirety of the songs "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver and "Son of it All" by Don McCloskey fill me with emotion. Picking one line just wouldn't do either song any justice, but since I'm already cheating by picking two, here they are: "coming home to a place he'd never been before" (Denver) and "stranded and spinning and hurling through space" (McCloskey). I didn't purposely pick them to have the same meaning, but both of those lines make me feel connected to the world around me on a deep level.

4) If you were something in nature, what would you NOT want to be?
I wouldn't want to be anything carnivorous, violent, harmful or defenseless. And I wouldn't want to be smaller than a quarter. I'm not sure why that coin size stands out, but I know I don't want to be smaller than it!

5) What's your favorite pet's name? (Past or present)
My last and closest animal friend, Axl. She was a tiny alien dog, a grey toy poodle that was sweet and cute, but fiercly loyal and would attack (pant legs!) on command. I adopted her from a friend when I was 15 (sorry mom!), and we fell in love with eachother. I had to live away from her for five years, but we got to spend her last year together on our own when I was 25. Even though it was nine years ago now, I miss her every day.

6) What's the best pair of shoes you ever owned?
A pair of grey Etnies (sneakers) that I bought when I was 17 and wore almost exclusively until I was 21. When they finally started to fall apart, I used superglue and duct tape for a good few months until there was nothing left to glue or tape. I loved those shoes.

7) Seven words that are dear to you:
Love, peace, sunshine, mom, solitude, simple. Those were the first seven words that came to mind! It's interesting to look at them and see what they mean to me and how they fit into my life. In no particular order, the concepts of all of them are very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment